View Single Post
Old 05-23-17, 07:56 PM   #15
oil pan 4
Land owner

Alright I have identified a few more products to sample.
Quickcrete fast setting green label cures to 7,000psi, no fiber reinforcement.
Quickcrete D.O.T. mix, 9,000psi. That is if I can find it.
Fiber additives, nylon and fiberglass, both formulated for concrete.
The fiber additive is on order from ebay.

This way I can test the effect of adding fiber to 4,000psi concrete.
I can will build a pretty large 4,000psi test base.
Numerous 4,000psi controls where I just add water, stir and pour.
4,000psi vacuum, 4,000psi with polymer booster, 4,000psi with steel mesh x1, x2 and x3 layers and now I will be able to do 4,000psi with fiber reinforcement.
Then I can do combination's of tests such as polymer plus vacuum or all of them where I take 4,000psi concrete, add fiber, wet it with polymer booster, vacuum it and pour it with steel mesh.

You might be wondering how much fiber to add for consistency. Well the manufacturer recommended 1lb of fibers to 1 cubic yard of concrete. To break that down to my paver scale it's about 0.01 gram of fiber per cubic inch of concrete or about 2.4 grams per sample, since my samples are about 240 cubic inches.

This way I can place some sort of value to each strength boosting technique.

I am also going to add a new test metric. I am going to core sample my paver size samples. I will try to take a 1.25 inch cylinder core and 1.75 inch cubed sample for crush testing, if there is enough left of the samples to do before and after shooting. The cylinders will be crushed in strike position as if being hit from horizontal and the cubes will be for vertical load.
oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote