View Single Post
Old 09-24-12, 11:10 AM   #26
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by opiesche View Post
Another quick update: After building a temperature logger with a Raspberry Pi, a couple of digital temperature sensors, a bit of wire and a few dozen lines of Python code, I now have proper temperature data to share!
I have a similar project underway, for which I was planning to use an Arduino datalogger I got HERE.

On the plus side, it can store oodles of data and best yet, it works right out of the box. On the minus side, it doesn't talk to Ethernet... bummer.

I'm stringing 1-wire temp sensors in every room of the house. I don't heat the entire house, so I'm trying to get information on how the heat affects unheated areas as it passes on to its final destination... the great heat-sink in the sky.

I have five sensors functioning, but still have three sensors to hook up, which will include outdoor temp logging.

Right now, I'm using the CAI board that Xringer discovered, which has some interesting features (web server, email sender, alarms, some programmability, humidity reading ability) and it just may ultimately do the trick.

But I am closely following what you are doing here, with your logger.

What exactly are you using to plot your data? I've been using Excel... it's powerful, but requires a lot of intervention just to get simple plots. Life should be less difficult.

Best,

-AC

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 09-24-12 at 11:12 AM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote