View Single Post
Old 03-25-09, 08:36 PM   #10
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

I bought the 2 gallon pressure tank, a 1/2 HP Shallow Well Jet Pump, a cartridge filter, pressure gauge, check valve, and lots of little connections to make everything fit together.

For my line to run to the toilet, I bought 25' of 1/2" PEX plastic water line.

It's light and flexy, which is great, because my crawl-space has such limited access, that it would be hard to fit 10' sections of rigid pipe down there.

I spent WAY too much time at the store, until I finally found the old guy who knows how to do everything, and knows where everything in the store is.

So, right now, I have the pump, filter, and pressure tank all hooked up to each other, with some garden hose feeding it from a 30 gallon barrel.

The other end of the PEX is just looped back to the barrel for testing.

I still need to borrow a ceramic drill bit from my friend who is a tile-layer. My toilet is against an outside wall, so the existing water line comes up through the floor right behind it.

I plan to drill a second hole through the tile to feed the 1/2 PEX through. Then, I will be able to hook either line water or graywater to the toilet.

One of the segments of pipe is leaking - I must have wrapped the teflon tape the wrong direction or something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote