View Single Post
Old 02-02-11, 06:53 PM   #24
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

Spoke with the inspector. Everything is fine and I can get the permit based on the drawings. He will however fail it if I don't buy an approved commercial collector and just use that. His reasoning is it's in the rules. We both agreed it's just a cash grab by the solar industry in Canada that made the rules the way they are and he pointed out that now that the government rebates are gone the industry has died because the systems are too expensive but nothing I can do about it.

So I'm going to figure out what it takes to meet CSA approval for the panels. I'm also going to figure out what it takes to get that sticker and if it's worth doing. I know that I read that Kit panels are available to save on shipping so maybe an approved kit already exists that is cheap. If not maybe one will soon. I'll also be speaking with the politicians that will listen to get these rules changed. This is bull****.

Nothing says I won't have panels in my backyard soon anyways. Until someone complains noone can say a thing about it
strider3700 is offline   Reply With Quote