View Single Post
Old 02-02-11, 11:34 AM   #21
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

OK here are my final 2 drawings. The only difference between them is how to connect to the hotwater tank. In the first the tank has 2 ports specifically for this purpose so hook up is trivial. In the second it's identical to a regular hotwater tank so you have to put cold in to the drain and loop it back through into the cold to get your circulating loop. The thermal expansion tank is required by code apparently and is on his check list. Why a regular water heating system doesn't require it but this one does I don't know and don't care anymore. It's cheaper to just add one and make him happy then the time is worth fighting over it.

I still haven't heard if anyone can actually find the first tank in Canada that's why I've got the second one.

Tank is hopefully a Rheem Marathon CMTS85345

Tank is a Rheem Marathon MR75245

At this point my only concern is on the inspectors check list it states "System parts to be Certified and Approved (BCBC 7.2) "

If this means the potable parts then I'm golden. If he is going to insist on the solar collectors being certified then the project goes without permit. There is zero money savings if I have to buy the panels.

strider3700 is offline   Reply With Quote