View Single Post
Old 01-25-16, 11:41 AM   #5
hamsterpower
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Default Corded SnowJoe vs Toro

I bought the 15amp corded version at the end of last winter to replace my beloved Toro that had given up on me. This weekend I finally had the chance to try it out. It worked and maybe if I had not had many good years with the Toro I might have been impressed, but I was not. There were several problems with my corded 15 amp SnowJoe. First the build quality feels like it was built by LittleTikes. Second, there is no handle behind the chute that would allow me to use it like a snow thrower as I had with the Toro. Picking up the whole unit and working it through a tall bank of snow is not possible with the SnowJoe. Third, the "safety" button on the power lever was a two handed operation which did not leave a hand free for cord management. And finally, even though the SnowJoe is rated more powerful at 15 amps to the Toro's 12 amps, it felt like it was straining more and there was a distinct oder of a hard working motor. The Toro only did that near the end.
I suppose I got my monies worth at less than half the price but when this one dies in a year or two I'll be going back to Toro.
hamsterpower is offline   Reply With Quote