View Single Post
Old 02-29-16, 10:29 PM   #1867
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobile Master Tech View Post
Part of the reason your thread has nearly 1 million views (congratulations!) is because of this willingness to discuss related topics.
Thanks for deleting. I have spoken to other people who have gone off-topic here, who have less integrity than you do, and their off-topic drifting is, like highway litter, still here.

But I disagree with you about related topics being a key to the thread's success.

The name of the thread, "Homemade Heat Pump Manifesto," is precisely descriptive. It's name is exactly what it is about. It is for people who have already made their mind up to make a homemade heat pump, hopefully to use in a heating or cooling application.

This thread is successful because it is strictly about a topic that is not being openly discussed at length any where else on the web, namely how to successfully build a homemade heat pump. There are related issues, such as loop field design and construction, heat exchanger discussion, etc. that also apply.

I want to insure that people who come here get what they are looking for, and not a swamp of free-association.

So far it is working. The 'Manifesto' is not only nearing a million hits, it has been the top ranking Web Address when anyone Googles, "Homemade Heat Pump Manifesto", since the first week of its existence.

I'm just trying to keep it clean.

Best,

-AC_Hacker