View Single Post
Old 03-02-16, 10:45 AM   #564
Mobile Master Tech
Apprentice EcoRenovator

HERE is a description of a lot of my system and house. The more detailed thread about annualized storage of heat for floors and DHW is HERE.

The updated controller improves SEER to 23, and I have decided to go with a 330gal IBC tote with 234 gallons of phase change material in it instead of the 2000 gallon tank I described to buffer the floor and DHW.

That bag filter is way oversized: 96sqft (16 24x36" surfaces) of filter area-no significant restriction there! It hangs down vertically so it works at ultra low flows. Any other orientation and it would just collapse on itself. It is MERV 14 as recommended for hospital general operating rooms as well as pollen, but I haven't changed it in 4 years because the MERV 4 prefilters catch the lion's share of contaminants. Having so much surface area plus longer life due to the prefilters allows ultra filtration without overwhelming the head capacity of the blower.