View Single Post
Old 02-27-11, 10:27 AM   #82
okpiddler
Lurking Renovator

Hi guys I am new here and only skimmed thru some of these pages. When we built our 2100' house in 06 I put in one 400' length of 1/2" oxygen barrier tubing in the post tension slab just under the kitchen, dining and master bath with ceramic tile. The tubing is 100' too long so it has about 23' of head at 1.5 GPM. I tested it in real conditions very accurately. I overcame it with a bigger pump. I am getting about 1'3 GPM. It is working really good though. It will transfer 9K btu with 100 degree water going in and the house is at 62 degrees which is warm enough for us. It feels more like 68 in here. The floor is spotty though cause my runs are not strait enough. The floor temps run 75 to 81 wich feels good on bare feet. The tile where there is no heat will be about 57 degrees. We only used about 5 gallons of propane and that was when it was 13 below 0 with record lows here in Oklahoma the first week of Feb. I also used very little supplement from our master br water to air geothermal heat and air. We used a total of 1600 KWH in Jan. All elec except the range. And I have two saltwater aquariums. One 70 gallons and one 45. They are running at 80. They use alot of energy with bright coral growing lights. The smaller one has some insulation on it. On top of that we open the BR window at night sometimes. We like to sleep at 52 to 60 degrees. That master bath floor heat migrates into the BR and wil make it too warm. Some times we turn on the Mater only AC! Pobably 20 days in Jan. we did one or the other to keep it cool in there. Our elec is cheap here in Ok. Our bill was 117. The other two BR's are cool, they get no direct heat. Empty nesters. Videos are on YT search StriperEd08. Will add some pics later. Don't have much for the tubing before concrete pour though.
okpiddler is offline   Reply With Quote