View Single Post
Old 06-28-15, 11:10 AM   #21
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Its been a few days of real headache work but I finally have some results to show.
I played with the system til I found out the tubing on my evap was to large. So I split it.

And this worked better than any build so far. But I was pulling 2.3 amps just from the compressor. Even after blending R290 (that I now fill using a 20lbs bottle) and R152A (Duster Air, AMAZING STUFF).

So as normal I was not satisfied, I totally redesigned the system, eve fact I started over with new parts. I cut a condenser from a window unit in half on the table saw. And just made a evap out of bent 1/4 tubing. My idea is that fins are not really needed because I just want to make ice on them. I placed them on the condenser in hopes to gain some melting power from the heat. Also down sized my fan.

I put my blend in (15% R290, 85% R152A) and here are the results. 25 psi suction, 125 psi discharge, 85F suction, 115 F discharge, 1.6 amps. With tons of ice!! I think my cap tube could be a little longer to get the power draw down and the discharge temp up but I'm going to finish the system first and give it a test run soon.

Attached Images

Last edited by MEMPHIS91; 06-30-15 at 07:45 PM..
MEMPHIS91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MEMPHIS91 For This Useful Post:
jeff5may (07-01-15)