Thread: Global Warming
View Single Post
Old 08-12-15, 09:14 AM   #95
creeky
Journeyman EcoRenovator

I can't believe there are still global climate change deniers out there. Really?

But then I found a study that shows conservative white males (cwm) cannot change their minds. Literally are 6x less likely to change their minds even in the face of compelling evidence.

I thought that was hilarious.

I guess, in this rapidly changing world, we should stop listening to cwm.

Just for the record. In early to mid 1980s when climate change became apparent we were hoping for 330 ppm. In 1988 when James Hansen (who deserves a medal) stood up and did what responsible people do when they see trouble, yelled, "hey folks there's climate change trouble abrewing here". We were worried that 350 was the tipping point.

But nobody saw China saying, "to heck with growing rice, let's make TVs instead." and burning coal and in a generation rebuilding their country with concrete. They are rightly proud for being the manufacturer for the world. But the ongoing cost of CO2 is just beginning.

Today we're at and over 400 ppm. So you can stick your head in the sand. you can pretend that your local climate is all that matters in the world (and ps. if you want to look like a complete doofus, make global comparisons based on local data. Ha.). Or try to say "it's all a scam to take my money away from me."

But science doesn't care about your belief system. Science is based on facts. The facts are that CO2 in the atmosphere is heating the planet and acidifying the oceans.

Once again. If this is an "eco" renovator site, it might be a good idea to focus on CO2 reducing strategies and tips for living lighter on the planet.
creeky is offline   Reply With Quote