View Single Post
Old 02-26-10, 03:17 PM   #9
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xringer View Post
That 5th gear vid had some nice take-off speed. Impressive.

Do you have any solar PV panels installed, for charging??
thanks xringer, and no i don't have any solar panels for charging. but i have been working on an onboard generator and getting real close to where i need the output voltage to be...
today i went over to pull the motor out of MR.GREEN which was pretty easy. i think i'm getting better at pulling these motors.. anyway it took about 20 minutes for i had to label all the wire because one of their friends wanted the 19hp gas motor to fix it up and put it into a go cart.. i really didn't mind taking the time out to label it for them.. so now i just need to pull unnecessary parts off like the cutting deck lever and belt engage lever.. what ever now useless to me will be pulled.. the good thing is the tractor will become much lighter.. lighter is good for this conversion.. the lighter it is the less strain on the motor when hauling the spreader..
now for is going into MR.GREEN:
motor: 36volt 1.5 HP
controller 36volt 40amp
batteries 3 Deep cycle brand (TBA)
key switch will turn on and off (original keyswitch on tractor)
amp meter(original one on tractor)
emergency kill switch( just in case and for over night storing, if someone decide to grab the keys and go joy riding it will not turn on)
foot throttle
charger port
may what ever comes up down the line...
the woman Pam and her husband Tiny(Jim) are very excited about their tractor.. i know they won't be disappointed.. here are some pics of MR>GREEN
Attached Images

Last edited by aproldan; 02-26-10 at 05:39 PM..
aproldan is offline   Reply With Quote