View Single Post
Old 09-03-17, 09:07 AM   #92
creeky
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Glad to hear things are progressing.

The harnesses may be of use. You can use the plugs with a 6 or 8S cell monitor. As seen previously here.

I don't like BMS solutions. I've yet to see one that is both cheap and quality. I like my new harnesses. They tie the cells together making the pack more robust in terms of cell management. I will be adding "active cell balancers" as some of my friends want them.

And I will have a "cell balancer tool" to rent. So if you're monitoring and you see a couple of cells out of whack you can rent a balancer and fix the problem.

For the price of the Victron solar controller VS the capability. There really is no other choice right now. These devices are both inexpensive and easy to use and high quality. There are lots of controllers of almost equal value. Almost. If I was still tight for SESS I would say go Morningstar. They use the lowest idle power.

You won't be disappointed that you spent a few dollars more on your inverter.

Best of luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog that is down right now but will return
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Business where I sell solar stuff
[url]https://www.bobolinksolar.com
creeky is offline   Reply With Quote