View Single Post
Old 07-28-12, 10:12 PM   #2
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

tempering valve is out of the plans. Apparently they aren't common here s noone has one in store. People decide between catching legionaires disease or scalding themselves. I'll order one from pex supply and add it later. In the meantime legionaires is less likely then scalded 2 year old...

Also I've run into an issue. The old tank was 3500 watts. It should have been wired with 12/2. I would have been pushing it with the new 4500 watt tank which should have 10/2. I found that the old tank had 14/2 running to it.

Temporarily I hooked up the 14/2 so that I could shower tonight while I continued running 10/2 over to a lucky placement of a sub panel that was pretty close and easy to hit. The wire is now ran but I need to hook up in the panel and I should try my best to find/get a new 30 amp breaker.

Right now I keep putting my hand on the old wire and it's warm but not hot. As well the breaker has popped once so it's definitely not a good idea to continue with it.

Other then that the tank is all plumbed, and in place. I haven't insulated as I'll need to adjust the thermostat's down. After that gets sorted out I'll strap it to the wall and call it done.
strider3700 is offline   Reply With Quote