View Single Post
Old 06-27-16, 11:45 AM   #8
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehull View Post
Oil Pan,

Enphase microinverters have a full 25 year guarantee (non prorated)! You are correct on string inverters - about 5 to 10 years.

Steve
That is useful information. When I compared the string inverter and microinverters I either added an extended warranty or just budgeted in a replacement string inverter. This makes the cost much closer.
Then the individual module/ panel monitoring was a must for me. That way it is supper easy to tell if all panels are working and performing well.

I did not find having a solar qualified personnel coming to give me a estimate very useful.
Other than showing me the crazy amount they wanted to charge me to install the system.
PVWatts Is so useful and very close to what you can really expect to make.

I cover all my usage for the whole year including charging my EV car for 20K EV miles a year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote