View Single Post
Old 09-08-15, 11:49 AM   #186
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Looking at the spec sheet:

I always get a bit nervous whenever I look at Chinese spec sheets.

It looks to me like this R134a compressor will most likely deliver something on the lower range of what it is specified at. So I would guess that the 'cooling power' would be about 200 W or about 650-ish BTU.

And the COP could be possible, but I would guess it to be something at the lower range, about 2.5 or less.

Looking at the layout....

This doesn't appear to be your garden variety DC compressor.

The three leads going to the compressor from the circuit board make it appear that the DC may be converted to AC to power the compressor... which suggests that it may be 3-phase. If this is the case, having variable speed is possible.... in fact it indicates this to be the case in the timing diagram table.

Looking at the timing diagram sheet....

It looks like computer pulses are required to turn on and off the compressor. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through just for "ON" and "OFF". Perhaps there are other functions.... and indeed this is the case. The speed can be controlled by sending the proper pulse codes, with speeds between 2000 rpm to 3400 rpm, in steps incrementing or decrementing by 200 rpm per step.

Also, if the compressor control board died, it could be an exciting Asian adventure replacing it.

Part of the small-print specs suggested that it was set up for I2C control. This means that jeff5may will have to build one, since he is the only person reading this thread that knows about I2C.

jeff5may, please remember to take lots of pictures.

Best,

-AC
Attached Images

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 09-08-15 at 03:31 PM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AC_Hacker For This Useful Post:
marx290 (09-08-15), MEMPHIS91 (09-08-15)