View Single Post
Old 10-08-10, 11:17 AM   #29
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasstingy View Post
The best part is that even if none of the doom and gloom stuff happens in my lifetime, all that I'm doing has a positive effect on my lifestyle.
Looks like you're really going all out!

Sounds like you are fortunate to have a rural location.

I'm doing what I can on my little city lot:
  • Planting food-bearing trees, bushes and vines.
  • Buttoning up my house to prevent air infiltration.
  • Progressing on with major insulation upgrades.
  • Installing the most energy-efficient lighting I can find.
  • Driving a 60 mpg car.
  • I installed 720 feet of HD Poly pipe in the backyard for my Ground Source Heat Pump project. I still need to finish making the heat pump and set up the water pumps.
  • Remodeling my house to minimize energy, maximize space use without expanding the shell of the house.
I'm looking into an electric vehicle also. But for me, a hybrid electric bike holds the most promise.

This guy's work has really inspired me:

He seems to be right on the cutting edge with all of the technical particulars, crystalyte 406 hub-motor, 72 volts, LiFePO4 batteries, etc.

Here is another outfit that has housed the same technology in a weather-proof shell:

AeroRider

I'm not ready yet to tackle a composite shell, but the hybrid bike looks very do-able. A vehicle with a 20 to 30 mile range would be very useful and keep me out of my car,

I especially understand what you said about, "...all that I'm doing has a positive effect on my lifestyle."

I feel the same way myself.

Best Regards,

-AC_Hacker

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 10-08-10 at 11:25 AM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote