View Single Post
Old 08-12-15, 02:02 PM   #12
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Did you end up finding anything that worked out for you AC?
No, not yet.

I may be way ahead of the curve here...

On one hand, there are 'boom-boxes', which is a solution that many 3rd world people use.

I have looked over some of my older accessory boxes, like surround sound boxes, etc. and the power they use is considerable. THe newer stuff has integrated many of the features into chips, which draw less power, but still, the power draw is large.

I guess for now, I'll just go with a power strip with a switch.

I have been looking into wireless internet radios. I actually bought a new one, and I have found others at the thrift store.

These usually have the added ability to play music from my network shares, which is very nice.

I found a small Logitech table radio, which is a real honey, but it requires the user to load custom software to search out music, which I don't like... I already have too much junk on my computer.

Most of the other wireless radios will cooperate with the windows sharing scheme... much better in my opinion.

So this does open up the ability of being able to listen to radio across the planet, and my own collection, too. The power draw is usually very small... some have batteries, and I can take them to a room I work in.

I have a friend who has been working for years to put in an obscenely expensive and complicated and power-hungry system in his house that will automatically follow him around from room to room playing his favorite music, as he goes. I have learned enough about the details that I am kind of disgusted with this whole idea.

The idea of 'simple' seem more attractive each day.

So, back to your original question, I still have not found a very low power system yet.

-AC
Daox (08-12-15)