Thread: My Turn!
View Single Post
Old 04-14-09, 06:51 AM   #1
insaneintenti0n
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Default My Turn!

So, it's been a LONG time since I've been over here. Partly because in Winter, I hibernate. I do nothing outside, i sit inside and try to stay warm.

So, now that (by the calendar, but definitely not by the temp) spring is here, I'm getting into a few projects.

First off, I built a raised veggie garden, filled it with 'some' dirt yesterday, not completely done yet though.

This is the area in 2007 (I was getting rid of a flower garden, we had/have 4 in the back yard, 5 in the front.)

For the last two years, just the little tree was there, i dug it out, it's in a huge pot right now, trying to decide if i'm putting it somewhere or not...

But, I built a box (9.5'x3'x8") lined it with some newspaper to kill what's underneath (LOTS of weeds, onion grass, crab grass), and filled it with some dirt... we've still had some freezing temps, but i'll probably start planting very soon.

Not a BIG surprise, but i've already put a bit of money into this. bleh. but i'll enjoy eating my own foods.

Speaking of, on the menu is: Watermelon, Lettuce, Celery, Broccoli, Green Peppers.

I'll probably look into watering soon. At least see if i can find a huge 30gal drum on craigslist to keep outside and collect rain. And this weekend, my county is selling discounted compost bins. $30 instead of $100. So I'm hoping to get one of those.

insaneintenti0n is offline   Reply With Quote