View Single Post
Old 03-03-11, 08:13 PM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Picked up a Par20 LED light today

For a while I've been looking for dimmable Par 20 lights that are more efficient than the 50W halogen lights I've been using. Tonight I had to run by the home improvement store and found a dimmable LED by Sylvania that claimed to be a 50W replacement. Now, the box only says it puts out 350 lumens, but I have to say it is a good replacement. I think it is a narrower beam, but I don't need a wide angle for my application anyways. I put it above my range where we do most of the cooking. Its not incredibly efficient at 8W, but its a heck of a lot better than a halogen light. Also, the price was pretty high @ $26. But, if it lasts as long as it is supposed to (50k hrs), I'll be quite happy with the purchase.

Sylvania link: http://www.sylvania.com/BusinessProd...20DIMMABLE.htm

The light (package):

Here it is on, its still a little light out outside as you can see. More than enough light to work, especially when combined with the under cabinet lighting.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 03-03-11 at 08:15 PM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote