View Single Post
Old 10-14-16, 08:55 AM   #6
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

@Stevehull
We want pictures and a solar post on its own about your project. Please share your story to help others.
It is a good story that others can reproduce.

I was going to post to this but Steve has done a great job.
Here is my story.
http://ecorenovator.org/forum/solar-...lar-array.html
I even installed mini splits so I could heat with solar power.
I personally think it is really worth it. No regrets at all.
Our Chevy Volt just hit 59,587 solar powered miles. We have had two years with covering everything with solar.

you said.
"Facts: We have 2 EVs in our household. We use about 25kWh per day for the vehicles alone. "
We charge our Volt from empty 2 - 3 times a day so we have 25+ kWh a day charging also.

I also installed enphase and there is a lot of info out there to do a by the book install.
I think this is the simplest install for a DIY person. The per panel monitoring is so good at a glance I can tell every panel/ microinverter is doing what it designed to do.

My return on investment is greater than the stock market and I am helping the environment at the same time. Win Win in my book.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Mobile Master Tech (11-26-16), Roostre (10-14-16)