View Single Post
Old 07-02-14, 03:12 PM   #1
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Designing a General Purpose Heat Pump Controller

The Homemade Heat Pump concept has had some notable success.

However, one link in the chain that is missing is an open-source general-purpose heat pump controller.

If such a controller existed, it could increase the success of people who undertake a homemade heat pump project.

Such controllers have been built and put into service since the 'Manifesto' thread started, but the design considerations and full final specifications (diagrams, photographs, schematics, PWB files, software, etc) were not sufficiently made public such that 'just anybody' could use them.

We want a design that is sufficiently complete so that 'just anybody' can make it work for them.

The goal of this thread is to design, test and put into service such a controller... modifications and improvements can follow.

There is a hazard that this discussion could become so diluted to the point that nothing is ever produced.

In other words, this thread is totally oriented toward developing a working device. This is not a 'talking shop'.

jeff5may & I have had some preliminary discussion, and have decided that it is time to open up our conversation to anyone who can contribute.

Here we go...

-AC & jeff5may

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 07-29-14 at 01:20 PM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AC_Hacker For This Useful Post:
b420ady (11-16-16), buffalobillpatrick (07-03-14), Mikesolar (07-06-14)