View Single Post
Old 11-08-13, 10:59 AM   #17
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehull View Post
..."that which is given away lightly is little regarded"...
I believe that the last time you said this, I corrected your statement to be, "That which is given away is difficult to monetize".

It takes energy to be a DIY guy or DIY gal, not only to do the actual work, but even before that, to overcome the notion of helplessness in the face of overwhelming technology, and industry and trade protectionism.

I myself, have paid my own good money to infiltrate professional industry and trade seminars, where I learned first hand how they manipulate and hold back information to enhance their profits at the expense of their customers who they pretend to serve. I have seen this in GSHP re-certification seminars and also Solar re-certification seminars. I learned as much as I could there and have shared it out to the fullest extent possible, in the pages of EcoRenovator.

The industry and trade groups will flourish just fine without the DIY world paying any homage to them at all.

I would even go so far as to say that it is very healthy for any DIY guy or DIY gal to begin each project with a quiet moment of reflective time in which they focus their minds on their feelings of contempt for over-priced, under-skilled, irresponsible, predatory "professionals".

Then learn all you can, and have at it!

Sincerely,

-AC_Hacker

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 11-08-13 at 11:22 AM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote