View Single Post
Old 10-22-09, 09:20 AM   #2
Higgy
The Gardener

I have really cold areas in my house, but the issue is, is that we have our living room in that area. The layout is kind of dumb really. And the master bedroom is probably the warmest room in the house and I think that's only because it's closest to the heating system.

Something I find dumb that is related to this, is...when they build a house, and put in the heating system in the basement, they put in the main square vent and all the other vents leading to the rooms in the house branch off that vent. Why in the world, do they put the vent closer thing (my technical term) halfway into the vent or almost at the end of the vent where it comes out of the register? Shouldn't they put it near the beginning of the branched vent where, if you close it, it won't use up all that heat running halfway through the branched vent first? To me, you'd lose a lot of heat that way.

I think the quilt/curtain idea would work way better then conventional doors. Give you a unique feel to the house too...and it wouldn't cost as much to upgrade your doors...AND when people get mad there would be nothing to slam shut...lol.
Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote