View Single Post
Old 04-13-16, 09:15 AM   #4
papitohead
Lurking Renovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
Welcome to the forums! I hope you find the info you are seeking.

I went through boot camp and avionics tech school with a guy from Puerto Rico, Jose Rivera. When we graduated, he got his choice of duty station and went straight back home to Roosevelt Roads. Last time I knew, he got a job at Volt Industries, testing and calibrating instrumentation. We did a lot of communications tinkering together. Good times...

What are your goals for a solar collector? Thermal, PV, or both? Between here and builditsolar, there are a ton of working examples to give you ideas.
I know a couple of Jose Rivera. One is very young and was not even a cub scout. Another was in the Army Reserve. Worked for me at a factory, move to I believe NJ and while driving home he fell asleep and had an accident with a tractor trailer. Lost a leg and an arm so he moved back here. Roosie Roads closed about years ago. I loved going there to the PX and to the chow hall. Great meals for just $2.

I do have a small farm in Colombia near Cartagena, but selling it to move to nearby Medellin because the weather is 70-75F during the day and 55-65F at nights and that is the whole year. Electricity is very cheap in Colombia because is hydro, but I know that solar will take over in the future. Not sure how I am going to do this, and a reason I am joining forums.

Thanks