View Single Post
Old 01-01-13, 07:40 AM   #46
Kip
Cajun Innovater

Talking Wood Heater

Morning guys,
My first post, love the site!

This thread is great. I am searching for info on how to heat my new shop and boy there sure is more here than meets the eye! I was just going to shove a chunk of wood in a drum and set it on fire but it seems its not that simple!

I hope no one minds me posting on this thread, but like I said. I'm looking for info here on heating my shop.

So, if there are no objections, I will begin my questioning.

I have a new 30x30 metal building and I need it heated. The building is made of commercial materials just like all the others, nothing special. I was thinking of getting the double barrel wood heater kit like you see on sites like Northern, but now, after reading all this stuff. I'm not sure if I should go this rout. Here in Louisiana, the winters are not as bad as some other places way up north like Shreveport. But, we have very wet winters. Wet and temps hover just above freezing makes for a cold day for a boy like me.

Should I go with a barrel system, or should I go with something else?
So barrels have removable lids, some don't. Some have had unhealthy products in them, so I was wondering about that also. Basically, I don't know where to start.

So if any of you wouldn't mind giving me a spoon full of the infinite wisdom of wood heaters, I would be much obliged.

EDIT: Happy New Year Everyone!

Thanks,
Kip
Kip is offline   Reply With Quote