View Single Post
Old 03-12-22, 02:20 PM   #16
solarhotairpanels
Helper EcoRenovator

Default Reply to RETIREDGUY

My solar hot water system has been functioning without any issues since back in 2010.
My system is set up where at it heats a storage tank of domestic hot water which feeds my water heater so that my water heater is 'never' being fed with 50 degree ground water temps. Feeding my hot water heater warm or hot water generated by solar will help to save a few bucks.

My system consists of 2 20 tube evacuated tube units that drain back into a small used 6 gallon non pressurized hot water heater tank which then runs from there down thru a heat exchanger built into a small insulated 40 gallon tank.
So to clarify, my drainback tanks is nothing more then a old used 6 gallon hot water heater that I've tied in to my domestic hot water storage tank.

If I was to do it over I would use 3 to 4 20 tube units or 2 30 tube units.
If you are in Pawcatuck, CT. you are welcome to come check out my system anytime. I'm still in the same location. Just contact me via the forum and we can go from there. GL

Please Note:
Comments and/or suggestions I make here at the forums on 'your' projects as well as my own have all been carefully and scientifically calculated by 'the seat of my pants'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
solarhotairpanels is offline   Reply With Quote