View Single Post
Old 06-25-13, 07:54 AM   #10
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

It was definitely a good show. It was fun talking to the insulation/air sealing vendors about my house projects, talking to the guys in the car section about their projects and my electric car plans. The workshops were a bit different this year, I've done tons of research on solar heating, PV, wind power, minimalist kwh use, insulation, etc in so many places to where I didn't feel I learned too much from many of the workshops because of having a fairly extensive background of prior learning and experience but either way networking with people, sharing knowledge, and asking questions is a huge reason of why I like going to this sort of show.

An example, I really got people thinking about staying away from whole house attic fans or at least planning to insulate/air seal them well outside of the cooling season and being sure there is enough attic exhaust ventilation available if someone really wants one. IMHO they don't make sense where I am since our dew points are too high overnight when the days are actually hot enough to use the air conditioning anyway so you can bring in some humid air and feel muggy the next day, rot the house, or best case you'll have a hot day the next day and run the air longer anyway to remove all that moisture/latent energy and not really save much.
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote