View Single Post
Old 10-06-08, 06:24 AM   #5
Daox
Administrator

Ben, I used your idea for my fridge too! I actually had one of the door switches go bad on my fridge and the lights wouldn't turn off. So, I took the lights out and had no lights for a while. I had picked up a pack of two nightlight sized LED bulbs that I was going to use, but then I got one of those green panel nightlights and that thing runs on .08w! So, I replaced the incandescent with that and was left with two LED lights and nothing to do with them. Well, a pack of CFLs I got with candelabra bases came with converters to the standard E27 bulb base. So, I used the LED nightlight bulbs and the converter bases to put them in the fridge. They works great, and no heat generation just like you said. Now, I still gotta find a new switch for the fridge, but at least I can see inside it at night now.

The other application I'd like to use LEDs on are my recessed lights in my kitchen. They are all par20 bulbs and get used fairly frequently. As of now, they have 50w halogens in them. The only reason I don't have CFLs in is because they are on a dimmer, and I like the dimmer. Do you guys know if LEDs dim, or do you need dimmable LEDs?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote