View Single Post
Old 12-22-12, 02:24 PM   #277
Fornax
Helper EcoRenovator

I finished the cabinet that will house the HX-core.
Well, almost finished: I need to caulk the tubes where they pass through the holes and apply a few layers of varnish to the 2 bare faces of particlewood. But the constructing is done.

Kostas, you are right about the PVC weatherstrips being compressable, they are flexible foam.
When my order of aluminium sheets arrived I realized I was facing a designflaw. The package weighted 20.0kg (44 pounds).
So I went looking for some noncompressable spacers to guarantee an even spacing of the plates. I went for 2 nuts per plate, center top and bottom, put in place with thin doublesided tape. I thought a drop of glue was not a good thing since it's not guaranteed to be the same thickness along all the 70-ish plates.
Today I discovered the approximately 120cm of strip (4 feet) I'll be using per plate is more sturdy than I thought, it might be a problem to even get the plates close enough to eachother. I'll put the nuts in anyway, should the strip give in over time.

On the left side are OAI at the top and FAI at the bottom. Both the fans will be at the right side for FAO at the top and OAO at the bottom. The fan in the picture is just fitted into the hole in the cabinet and stays put. I'll secure it with some screws and caulk the connecting duct so it's airtight.
Attached Images

Fornax is offline   Reply With Quote