View Single Post
Old 06-01-09, 08:56 PM   #7
Higgy
The Gardener

Ok, here's some pics of my garden with my non-dslr camera hense their not so greatness.

Even though my garden is doing pretty good I think...I'm kind of depressed tonight. We had a bought of rain today and it stopped so I decided I'd go plant my tomato plants (the ones I'm going to plant in the garden, not the ones I'm going to plant in the self watering containers). So I go outside and start to stake the wood into the ground...then the rain starts to spit. I should have just stopped their but the rain subsided and I continued on. I wasn't thinking and planted the tomatoes too far away from the stakes, and when I turned around to look up at the sky...holy jamoly this giant dark cloud was looming over. Well I tried to tie some up as quick as I could but it was too late...the hail came blasting down at me. I could only run inside and wait it out. Alas, when all stopped, I lost 3 out of the 8 tomato plants I planted. The other 5 seemed to be ok with a couple taking minor damage. I was quite bummed out. I should have been patient and planted them another day instead of trying to rush it. So I may have to go out and buy some other tomato plants for the corner or just plant something different since I now have space left over. Sigh...

Well, the rest of my garden seemed to have survived. Here are some pics. These are Pre-hail, so no pics of the tomatoes.

Starting off with the belgian onions.

Here we have some basil with two rows of carrots one on each side which I just planted last week so their not up yet. There's also peanuts at the end of that row...not sure if they'll come up or not, but we'll see. May have to start them earlier next year.

Next is the first sproutings of the cucumbers.

The strawberry plants I bought seem to be coming along slowly. Already got a red one in the bunch, but it's still small. These should crop up multiple times throughout the season.

My one hot pepper plant that my co-worker gave me that she had extra. I didn't realize at the time you had to start peppers really early, so she was super nice and gave me one of hers. She's my go to person whenever I have any planting questions.

My wax and green beans which have yet to sprout as I've only just planted them last week as well.

Sugar snap peas seem to be doing really good. I have 2 rows per lattice so far, but the 3rd lattice I ran out and need to go buy more seed.

And lastly we have lettuse. These have been planted from seed in the garden. they go all the way to the end but you can't see them all. On the right is romane lettuse and the left is head lettuse so their spaced apart more.

Well that's it for now. I'll try and take better pics next time. I'm still sad over my tomato plants...but I'll get over it. I still have lots left...just gotta keep them alive.
Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote