View Single Post
Old 03-05-17, 10:20 AM   #8
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Default Ev explosion

Tony Seba does a talk were he has a photo of a New York street April 1900 full of horse drawn carriages and one car. Then the follow up photo April 1913 same street not one horse in the photo all cars. That's only 13 years for total adoption.

The same complete adoptions and disruptions of recent years go to the cell phone and digital camera. Who remembers Kodak ??? You ask why, The tech is just better in many ways.

Here at the eco-renovators everyone is aware of the multi faceted ways the electric car out perform the internal combustion machines. Just better tech all-round.

Here at home we have already embraced the EV. I used to be a bit of a petrol head. Still have my Corvette, what a dinosaur. The little EV truck can take it. The acceleration smoothness no jerky gear changes no drone from the exhaust pipe, believe me that is annoying after the 1st half hour down the highway. But the best thing with the EV, I will be fueling up on sunshine.

The EV is just better tech.

I agree with Oilpan there will be gasoline around for a while, but I would find it hard to believe that the oil companies would not be feeling so confident in their future now.

With GM finally off sitting on their hands and producing a fully battery electric vehicle and the Leaf, E golf, BMW i3 starting to move. Its going to get quite interesting.

I would have to think when Tesla starts delivering the long awaited Model 3 later this year in mass quantities the total switch to electric drive will be inevitable and quickly progressing.

I think its a little disconcerting that the huge investment is underway for oil pipe-lines of which a lot of our tax dollars are fronting. When the big switch is made to electric drive those idled pipelines are going to be a big sore spot. Who's going to remove those unused pipelines. Those huge dollars could have went to incentives for EV's and charging infrastructure. Why should those funds solely benefit the oil business??

Wouldn't EV charge areas along travelled routes with kiosks powered with a solar awnings in which overproduction be sent back the grid be a better investment.?? I know, Tesla is already doing that with a lot of their Supercharge stations.

I think its very short sited that a standard for rapid charging hasn't been decided. The 30 amp J1772 isn't going to cut it (public charge stations). That's about 25 miles range per hour, "already obsolete". Tesla, Elon Musk said he would welcome other auto-makers to adopt their rapid charge system if they in-turn would help fund the infrastructure. No takers yet.

When you do buy your 230 mile range Chevy Bolt EV how are you going to make a trip with it.? There are only very few of the Chademo quick chargers. Come on GM!!

Tesla's got that one!! The GPS directs you to a Supercharger. You get out plug-in get a coffee (15min) un-plug and drive for another 4 hrs. Have a look at the Tesla Supercharge Network its already massive and it going to double as the Model 3 rolls out.

The futures FINALLY looking very bright for EVs

Randen
randen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to randen For This Useful Post:
celblazer (03-05-17)