View Single Post
Old 12-24-20, 07:45 PM   #6
solarhotairpanels
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
I'd go drainback myself too. He was sold a bunch of stuff. The glycol has a header tank for the stagnant pressures and temps, and the smallest possible fluid volume.
Even so, it had some teething pains to keep all the juice inside.
I prefer the KISS system you have.
Yes if you check out how my collectors are tilted with the pitch of the roof in the PDF file you can see that there can't be any issues whatsover with them draining properly. I made sure all 3/4 piping was tilted and TESTED for drain speed before soldering everything together.

1 suggestion...
Over time technology creeps up on us.
They now offer High Efficiency pumps made by Taco and a company called Aquamotion. These new style pumps use less watts then the older pumps and they offer many different models depending on what you are attempting to pump.

Some are even variable speed and temp sensitive..
They sense the return water temp from radiator and slow down automatically I was told..

I just had a new Navian Combi boiler installed NCB 240E model with 4 zones. This boiler is the best... it does the 4 zones in my house plus all of my domestic hot water needs. (this one runs on propane)
I installed the new high eff Aquamotion pumps and man are they beautiful.
Actually the boiler is beautiful too, which I do go give it a hug now and then when the wife isn't looking.

These new pumps only run like 35 to 45 watts. (The older versions run 65 watts continues...

You might want to check on these Navian Combi Boilers that hang on the wall and the new style High Eff pumps, you'll be amazed at what they do.

Please Note:
Comments and/or suggestions I make here at the forums on 'your' projects as well as my own have all been carefully and scientifically calculated by 'the seat of my pants'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
solarhotairpanels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to solarhotairpanels For This Useful Post:
skyking (12-24-20)