View Single Post
Old 08-01-18, 03:57 PM   #350
Daox
Administrator

I just got in from a very quick mow. I noticed the mower motor running slower than normal. So, I stopped mowing and checked out the batteries. One was quite low. There was likely some damage done to it from draining it too far. What caused this? A failed charger. Last time I talked with my charger supplier, he suggested taking them off the mower to extend their life (less shock and vibration). So, I think I am going to look into that. I've already replaced enough of those little chargers and when they go, they usually take a battery with them too.

I do have a question for you guys though. Moving the four chargers off of the mower is no big deal. However, I'll have to change the connection between things. Currently, all of the chargers are on the mower, so I've tied in parallel all the 110V AC lines together, and those go to a female 110V receptacle. This makes it very easy to pull the mower in the garage, plug it into an extension cord, and by the next day, its ready to go again. Now, I will have to change things. I will now have 4 chargers off of the mower, with some cable going to the mower. I will need an 8 pin connector to plug in the mower for charging now. So, I'm looking for something simple and cheap. My first idea was two molex connectors. I can 3d print a housing to combine the two to make it a single 'plug' even. However, molex connectors aren't the easiest or greatest at plugging together easily. So, I am looking for any alternatives you guys can think of. The connector only has to handle 3 amps of charging, so nearly anything will do. I'd just like to keep it cheap, and convenient to plug in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote