View Single Post
Old 07-26-17, 11:57 AM   #342
Daox
Administrator

Last night I got the motor fully reassembled. It took a good chunk of time. Unfortunately, the acid got into the brushes and brush holders. Thus the brushes were seized in placed by corrosion. I tried pushing them out, hammering them out, lubricating them. Then I started digging and found the tiniest cutest little gear puller. It did a wonderful job of being able to essentially press them out.

To clean it up, I have some Deka battery acid cleaner stuff. It neutralizes the acid and then you can clean it up easier. It sprays on yellow and turns red if it hits acid. Super handy stuff for this job. I sprayed down the brush holder really well, let it sit, then rinsed it off with water. I did this again to make sure there was no more red. I then had to go in ever brush holder with a fine file and clean it all up so the new brushes would go in smooth.

After that, it was standard assembly. I got everything back together and hooked up the motor to an old computer power supply to run on 5 volts for the next day or so to seat the brushes. Here is the simple setup.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote