View Single Post
Old 11-18-16, 03:35 PM   #19
b420ady
Helper EcoRenovator

Apparently this thread went in to a black hole.... I ve checked it like 30 times a day anxious for a reply
I still have to wait 2 days for the outside unit and in the mean time I ve did a lot of research about water to freon heat exchangers, in the mean time I also learned that you don t weld pipes at a heat pump but you braze them
Also I was thinking to go at some junkyards and search for some heat exchangers, can you tell me in what devices I can find some plate heat exchangers ? because for sure I won t find a water to water heat pump at the junkyard.
I also know that you can find plate heat exchanger at cars , their purpose is to do heat exchange from water to oil .... can they be used for water to freon ?? They are small in size but I guess there should be bigger ones for trucks or heavy machinery or there is any chance I can build my own from stainless steel sheet cut at a waterjet CNC ?

PS: I ve made a DropBox folder were I will share books and manuals I ve found on my research because for sure it might help someone someday ..... I wish I had time to read them all

SHARED FOLDER: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3owy0iq7o...jQSVmrC-a?dl=0

Last edited by b420ady; 11-18-16 at 04:15 PM..
b420ady is offline   Reply With Quote