View Single Post
Old 04-23-12, 01:34 PM   #3
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

The question being "Is someone scamming?"

I'll take this statement.
"This is for TOYO TA-05CW/HIB 5,200 BTU Hybrid Energy Star DC Inverter Thru wall / window air conditioner with 26 SEER"

Not listed on the energy star site. That tells me that lies exist. They also add 'hybrid' to the name, what's hybrid about it? It sounds like a Chinese company that just decided to throw a bunch of words together and sell a unit. I'd have to actually get some real data and not just a bunch of blurry pictures of a window units and a bunch of ductless splits in the same ad along with an 'Energuide' designed to look similar to energy star that doesn't even display the SEER the ad claims. Shoddy ad, I can only think its a shoddy product and can't find much credibility in it. How much of a variance in capacity are you to need or can you effectively have in a 5k a/c? I'm not making much sense of this add. It's also not a heat pump. AHRI is the only source that legitimately supplies a SEER rating and this brand doesn't exist in AHRI or energy star lists. Window ACs usually run off of an EER rating anyway.

Smells like fish.
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote