View Single Post
Old 09-27-17, 12:56 PM   #17
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Well, the AC unit outside went out this week where I am now, and the maintenance guy is nowhere in sight. The Haier unit has been around the block, so to speak. It's been in and out of 3 windows since I fixed it and the last time something went wrong. It has been sitting in the greenhouse collecting wasps for a while.

Having an immediate need for the thing, I did a quick pressure wash on it and figured out what went wrong this time. E01 code: stuck button. I popped the face off and the 4 screws holding the user interface board to the face. Immediately I saw that the button switches we're all rusted out. No problem, I found another patient and robbed it's buttons for the moment. The organ donor was a digital dehumidifier. Put it halfway back together and here it goes again. It wouldn't fit through the kitchen window, so I just left the face off and propped it up against the outside blowing in.

While it's doing emergency duty, I will be bringing it back to its original state. I ordered some uln2003 chips off eBay, and am searching for the right switches to put back in the button panel. I hate to say it, but this is no longer going to qualify as a
a zero dollar repair.

I found a multiple item listing on the smd chip: 4 for $5.50 shipped. I imagine the switches will be close to the same. I could save money by ordering from Chinese sellers, but I don't want to wait forever to get the goods. Now I wish I hadn't given away all of those old VCRs and CD players...
Attached Images

Last edited by jeff5may; 09-28-17 at 09:19 AM..
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote