View Single Post
Old 07-09-14, 02:09 PM   #5
warmwxrules
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Foundation construction has begun on the long planned build of a winter core addition to our retirement cottage that will have full basement for year round utilities. It will be super insulated, 50% passive solar, high mass radiant floor heated space that we can retreat to in the coolest weather and fully heat only a third of the existing area(the rest will be like a large three season porch, which is already passive design and very rarely drops below freezing even unheated in winter. I am looking forward to putting into application many of the ideas discussed on this site and watching for future improvements that will help us improve our frugal consumptive footprint on the world, AND SAVE MONEY.
Not being nosy (don't have to say), but what is the general area you are in? (just wondering what kind of climate, conditions). I'm around LSE, i see you are around MSP. My family has some land just SE of Minneapolis (in Wisconsin). International Falls, Grand Marais? Up on a ridge, valley, flat land, marsh, sand?

Sounds awesome. Wish i had a retreat.
warmwxrules is offline   Reply With Quote