View Single Post
Old 06-07-19, 02:35 PM   #116
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Necro bump. But, having your experience, would you recommend a battery powered mower over a gas powered mower?

Like so many things, it depends.

I've owned many types of mowers: manual, gas, battery & corded electric. (All at the same time!)

I prefer the relative quiet & better reliability of the electric mowers. They're also lighter and easier to use.

Pure economics probably favours gas mowers, at least comparing to the old lead-acid-powered mowers I had. The much more durable lithium batteries you can get today may have tipped the total cost of ownership balance though. Environmental impact probably favours electrics.

My gas mower is far more powerful than my electrics, though. You can let the grass grow longer between cuts, so it's arguably more convenient that way.

Currently I use a gas mower on one larger lot and a corded electric (and sometimes the manual reel mower) on 2 smaller lots that I look after.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote