View Single Post
Old 11-07-09, 02:16 AM   #9
charlie_D
Lurking Renovator

Well, I know the water tank is sitting on linoleum-over-concrete in the basement; it likely loses a good amount of heat that way, and it's a good idea to look into a timer. I wonder about the dishwasher though... it's a newer, efficient model, but I don't control when it runs. I do believe I'd be shot if I told my wife that we had to go back to hand washing, especially now that she's well into the second trimester.

I picked up a 4x8 sheet of solid insulation, that should be enough to fill the larger hole in the porch closet ceiling (wind literally blows from it), and the roof hatch in the atic. I'm still uncertain how to insulate the doors leading to the vented crawlspace up there. They open out into the room, and they're just wood plank. Nothing I can attach insulation onto to make a proper seal. I'll have to think on that one some more.

I've gotten quite handy with a caulking gun lately, that's for sure. If it looks like it warrants it, I'll take a few pictures to show what I'm looking at, someone may have dealt with a similar situation before.

Charlie
charlie_D is offline   Reply With Quote