View Single Post
Old 11-03-09, 04:14 PM   #3
charlie_D
Lurking Renovator

Thanks for having me, and the reply

The home pressure test will likely be difficult; the kitchen fan exhausts inside the room, and the bathrooms have no vents; fine with all the hardwood (100% of the house currently... including bathrooms and kitchen), but inconvenient for this purpose. I could set a fan in the door, however my wife is pregnant and more irritable than usual... I don't think I could swing having the door wide open in 0 degree weather while I ran around looking for leaks.

As to the temperature, I would love to turn it down. Unfortunately, it's a constant battle to keep it 'just' set to 70F, I think I'd be sleeping in the garage if I turned it down any more.

The furnace is forced air; I recently installed a ceiling fan in the reading room, which does help circulate the air to the rest of the house.

Even without the negative pressure, I'm hoping I can find some leaks with a wet rag and a little patience; that would be today's job. Thanks for the suggestions, and keep 'em coming! Most of the people I know just don't think too much about these kinda things, it's nice to talk to someone who cares about the topic.

Charlie
charlie_D is offline   Reply With Quote