View Single Post
Old 11-19-13, 08:54 AM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Motison CyberStat CY1201 WiFi thermostat installation & review

The other day I received my Motison CyberStat CY1201 wifi thermostat. It is a 7 day programmable thermostat with the additional functionality of having wifi, so I can connect to it over the internet and change the temperature setting and/or reprogram it from any device that can connect to the internet.

I've been looking into different wifi thermostats for a while now and finally decided on the Cyberstat mainly due to the low cost of it ($80 shipped). I don't need something super fancy with a touchscreen or color display. I am going from a LUX TX1500 which is a 5-1-1 programmable thermostat. This means there is one program for Monday through Friday, one program for Saturday, and one for Sunday. With the Cyberstat, I can have a different program for every day of the week (which that alone will produce energy savings). However, I'll also be able to override the program from anywhere at anytime with my smartphone. I'm quite confident that this will lead to some substantial energy savings and the ROI on the thermostat will be relatively low.

I'll keep this thread updated as I go about installing and using the thermostat.

CyberStat CY1201 - Wireless Internet Connected Programmable Thermostat - Amazon.com

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 02-11-14 at 03:20 PM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote