View Single Post
Old 02-05-13, 05:01 PM   #29
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesolar View Post
I started with an R410 pot, drained the POE and put in MO. The fridgie boys say that 5% POE won't be a problem in running the system so i am not concerned about getting it all out BUT, I still haven't turned it on yet. There may be a host of issues most of which, I am guessing, will revolve around sizing Evaps and condensers properly.

I don't know if the oils noted by the authors are available here or are they European only.
From what I know about compressors (not much), the R410 types are set up for a higher compression ratio and higher ultimate pressures (r22 or 290 high side runs in the 200's psi range, r410a runs in the 400's psi range). I have heard that you can run them at lower pressures, though.

The oils I posted are worldwide standards made by American companies. Suniso is made by Sunoco, same guys that supply gas to NASCAR. 3gs is 30 weight, 4gs is 40 weight. Shell Clavus is made by Shell oil, the number is the weight. Any Hvac supplier will know what they are and have something equivalent.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote