View Single Post
Old 10-25-12, 08:37 PM   #14
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may
Default parts trickling in

Xringer, how does Sanyo get away with 50 percent more heating than cooling? Just wondering.sounds like a capitol one ad: 50 percent more heat, what's in your wallet?

AC, the city I live in sits atop extreme karst.rocky red clay for a few feet, then limestone and shale.mammoth cave state park is 50 miles South of me.my parents have a sinkhole that has an artesian spring draining into it's mouth.my kids call it the bat cave.I'm also renting, so drilling up the yard is out. I have a portable AC unit like the one you got from the girl (yikes) that I ran like xringer showed in his window, blowing cold air outside.it worked awesome last winter! Can you show some pics of its guts and plumbing for me please, if you still have it? That thing saved me 400 bucks or more over natural gas.

I believe I've concocted a control scheme for the unit while waiting on parts to come in. I'm using a non heat pump thermostat, doh! maybe next time...waddya expect for cheap? Here goes, all you engineers feel free to scrutinize my idea and save me some trouble, I'd appreciate any input.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote