View Single Post
Old 05-23-14, 11:38 AM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default New Air Conditioner Conquers All Climates, Saves Up To 90% Energy

This is a very cool (no pun intended) article. I'm sure a bunch of us have thought up something similar, but its great to see actual research being done on it. They're combining swap coolers with liquid descendant dehumidifying for a super efficient cooling system. If you have a minute its well worth a read. I'd like to hear some feedback.

The idea of the Coolerado cooler alone is very interesting (and something I've been wanting to try). However, the humidity is really the main issue for me. Combining this with a liquid descendant is quite intriguing! They even mention using solar heat with the descendant dehumidifier.

New Air Conditioner Conquers All Climates, Saves Up To 90% Energy

Quote:
The U.S. Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory has invented a new air conditioning process with the potential of using 50 percent to 90 percent less energy than today's top-of-the-line units. It uses membranes, evaporative cooling and liquid desiccants in a way that has never been done before in the centuries-old science of removing heat from the air.

"We'd been working with membranes, evaporative coolers and desiccants. We saw an opportunity to combine them into a single device for a product with unique capabilities."

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 05-23-14 at 12:00 PM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
buffalobillpatrick (05-23-14), mikeyjd (05-23-14), philb (05-28-14)