View Single Post
Old 09-09-13, 06:56 PM   #36
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by where2 View Post
I paid for mine with lots of peanut butter sandwiches, rather than lunches out at the office. $150-$200/mo simply by keeping a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter at the office. I saw early in my career that minor changes in my behavior could make profound changes in my retirement lifestyle. I watched co-workers purchase fast food daily for lunch and yet comment that they couldn't save enough for retirement. Same co-workers would hop in their truck and drive less than half a city block to grab something from Subway. Meanwhile, I walked to the grocery store right next door when I needed a loaf of bread. There was even a sidewalk!
I did the same thing. I could never figure that out. I'd watch guys buying lunch everyday and I'd be adding up the monthly cost.

You think that's bad, how about smoking! What are those things up to pack now?

As far as PV the tide is changing, major countries are showing the world that, not only is it possible, but it's cheaper. France with 75% nuclear is buying power from Germany now!

Nuclear plants are starting to age and it's like the guy with 100k miles on his car and a bad engine. Do I want to put a new engine in or scrap the car? Then there's Fukushima Daiichi. Japan thinks renewables are wonderful about now!

Rob
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote