View Single Post
Old 08-24-15, 01:19 PM   #9
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
I was beseiged with so many various tracking scripts executing all at once, that I was having considerable difficulty even getting EcoRenovator posts to become viewable.

SO I am now trying an open source browser called "D+", which stated that it was 'security enhansed'.

I am amazed by how fast pages are opening, and images are rendering and how No Adverts are showing up.
I decided that D+ is not developed enough for serious consideratin.

I also tried a browser called Dillo. It is more developed than D+, and has similar rendering characteristics, but it's default browser is Google, by default, and there didn't seem to be any options to change.

Finally I found a browser that looks very promising. It's called Aviator, and it is built from the open source components of Chrome, with all the benefits of current rendering engines. The distinguishing factor is that it is built to maximize security benefit of users rather than the commercial interests of advertisers.

If you become nostalgic and yearn for web pages that load slowly, infested with advertisements, you do have the choice of opting in to tracking and advertisements.

It also it gives you a drop-down menu that allows different search engine choices, such as Google, Yahoo, Bing and DuckDuckGo. If you don't know about DuckDuckGo, it is a search engine that does no user tracking, at all.

Aviator is available HERE

Best,

-AC

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 08-24-15 at 05:03 PM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC_Hacker For This Useful Post:
stevehull (08-24-15)