View Single Post
Old 09-15-10, 08:39 AM   #6
Patrick
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmalls View Post
A/C season ended before I took the measurements this week and last.

I cool just my bedroom with a window A/C, and I set it on the floor in front of the window during cool weeks, when a fan in the window is plenty. It shows up in my Jun-Sep billings, which also coincides with the start of my car's grid charging, which was occasional at first, and is almost daily now.

Edit: having read a few other threads regarding other people's electricity consumption, it looks like I'm doing really, really well.

I'd like to see a similar breakdown for someone who uses 400+ KWh/mo. Where could it possibly go?
Excellent. I wish I could what you're doing. Unfortunately, it's not going to be possible for me as I have central air and my wife would not like to have the A/C running in only one room of the house. A/C is my major consumer - 3.5 ton, 13 SEER unit (about 4.5 KW) that runs more than 1/2 the time during the summer. Second is probably the water heater (the house is all electric due to no gas availability here unless you have propane trucked in). I'm thinking about installing one of the new hydbrid heatpump water heaters. My total consumption is about 3000 KWh/mo.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote