View Single Post
Old 11-30-14, 09:53 PM   #80
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by where2 View Post
Good Work! I can't seem to get my base load below ~350W. Then again, I loaned my Kill-a-watt and spare TED 1001 to a buddy at work who had a couple of $300+ electric bills over the summer. I need to bug him about getting those gauges back, and just charge him a percentage of the savings I can find and just go through his house for him.
Whoa, that's over 10 times my base load. I tracked down my base load vampires by using the $20 ebay TED and went to the breakers and shut them off individually while I wrote down the results with a pen. Found my doorbell and thermostat/furnace transformers are just over 10 watts together. Oddly enough they are on the same circuit. Even with those on I'm sitting at 27 watts right now versus the 50 or so I was at before. I dumped the TED and now have an eGauge. I trip the GFCIs to an unused bathroom and trip the GFCI in the kitchen when I'm not using it because the oven's control panel is hungry. Oddly enough my garage door opener ended up on one of the GFCI circuits so I'll trip that too.

I'm not sure how much my wireless router uses but I'm thinking it might be about 15 watts of the remaining puzzle. I can't monitor my eGauge live without it being connected to the Internet but I suppose I should search for my Kill-a-watt.
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote